The Secret By The Lake by Louise Douglas

The Secret by the LakeThe Secret by the Lake by Louise Douglas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is my first book by Louise douglas and most definitely won't be my last, what a compelling captivated story this is I was left totally mesmerized.

Louise draws you in from the start where we are taken back to 1931 and given a fragment of this unknown character in the prologue, which left me wanting more. Then we go on to meet Amy who is living in France working has a nanny for the Laurent family - Julia, Alain and there daughter Viviane. Who are her life. But tragedy strikes, so Amy and the Laurent family find themselves in a upheaval and return to lakeside cottage in the isolated Somerset village in England, where Julia grew up. But there’s something strange about the cottage by the lake. This is where Julia spent her childhood. Julia used to have an older sister, Caroline, who went missing 17 years ago whom she rarely speaks about.

This is one hell of a eerie page turner unraveling the haunted mystery, very page you turn. Louise's writing this so beautifully crafted with which I can only describe has spellbinding, which are absolutely mind blowing. I have to say, I have never read writing like this before it just totally blew me away.

I highly recommend The Secret By The lake giving it a massive 5 stars. I will definitely be reading more of Louise's books

Thank you to Black Swan and Netgalley for a copy in exchange for a honest review.




View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts