Lost Connections by Jim Ody

Lost ConnectionsLost Connections by Jim Ody
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I couldn't wait to get my hands on a copy of Lost Connections, having followed Jim's Journey updates over on Crime Book Club on Facebook. And I have to say I was thrilled Jim got his book published.

First of all I love the cover and title which I think is very eerie and totally relates to the story.

The prologue is straight in there with single parent Eddie's daughter being being bundled into a van and kidnapped. So I was gripped from the start and read this in one sitting just wanting to know more. The kidnappers want something of Eddie's father’s. But his father mysteriously disappeared over 7 years ago, and Eddie has no idea what it is. Friends and neighbours who put their differences aside and help Eddie get his daughter Daisy back. The story flicks from the past to the present written from several characters points of view unfolding a huge secret.

This is a well written Debut novel with realistic characters that I could relate to. I found it very original it's not often you read about a single parent father that is a tattooist. And omg Jim has left us on a cliffhanger. I have my fingers crossed there is going to be sequal.

Over all I thoroughly enjoyed this thrilling page turner and I am giving it 4 stars. Thank you to Jim Ody for a copy in exchange for a honest review.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts