Q&A Interview with Michael Wood


I am very excited to welcome the one and only Michael Wood To my blog page after reading his brilliant debut novel For Reasons Unknown Michael has kindly offered to take part in my Q&A Interview....Without further ado ere is Michael Wood


Can you tell us a little about yourself and background?
I am a former journalist and currently work as a freelance proofreader as well as a crime fiction writer. I'm Sheffield born and bred and that's why I've decided to set my novels here. I am a huge crime fiction fan and love series novels. 


When did you know that you wanted to become a writer? and how did you go about it?
I've always been interested in writing and telling stories. English was my favourite subject at school. I started off writing comedy scripts when I was a teenager. Looking back, they were probably awful. 



Can you tell us what genre your books are and the audience you write for? 
I write crime fiction and the book is aimed at adults. I am very interested in the psychology behind a crime; why the person commits a murder. For me, the 'why' is more important than the 'who'. 


What is your writing process? and how long does it take?
I like to hand write very detailed notes before I begin typing them up. I write a full plot outline then hand write the first few chapters before going to the laptop. I like to write a few chapters ahead but not too far in front as I alway have new ideas as my typing. 


Are your characters based on anyone you know or are they just fictional?
They're all fictional.


Have you wrote about a personal experience in your novels?
I have extensive knowledge of mental health issues so I've used that in some of my characters. 


What research do you do?
Whatever is needed. I plot my story first then whatever I need to research I look into it. I love finding out new facts. 


Who would you like to co-write with and why?
Excellent question. I'd love to collaborate with Val McDermid. She's a brilliant writer, very chilling with amazingly rounded characters. She writes fast-paced and fluid prose. Once I pick up one of her novels I can't put them down until they're finished. 


What's your favorite book?
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. 


What's your favorite food?
Any green vegetable. 


What's your favorite film?
I have so many favourite films. This really is a tough question to answer. I recently re-watched L A Confidential. It's wonderfully directed.

What's your favourite song?
I have a soft spot for Strange and Beautiful by Aqualung. It's extremely haunting. 

How can readers find out more information about yourself and your books?
Follow me on Facebook and Twitter. I'm working on a website at present.


I would like to say a massive thank you Michael for taking time out to do this interview. Hope you all enjoy it.

Comments

Popular Posts