No Ordinary Girl by Cheryl Elaine #BookReview

No Ordinary Girl: Mind : tainted. Body : broken. Revenge; in motion... by Cheryl Elaine
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Holy freaking hell….what a book!

I cannot believe this is a debut novel.Cheryl has done a brilliant job portraying a gripping and engaging story with an uncomfortable story line about abduction and sadistic monsters. Which isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea.

But for me this could quite possibly be the darkest that I have ever read. I always say the darker the better and this book is darker than dark and is definitely not for the fainthearted with scenes that will turn your stomach into knots. Yes this book is very graphic what I would call totally hardcore.

Imagine going out to a club with your best mate and waking up in a metal container! Well this is exactly what happens to Aimee in this extraordinary story. Where a night out turns into a cruel horrific nightmare. Meanwhile Detective Johnson is one step away from catching these monsters. Can he stop them before they damage more young girls.as well as his own daughter? With a turn in the story that I didn't see coming at all. This story takes dark to a whole new level and I loved it.

From the very first chapter I was sucked into this tormented world. With one hell of an opening. By page 8 I was saying OMG and I literally devoured this book in a few hours it is absolutely gripping. The authors descriptions are excellent I could feel the pain and torture Aimee went though with plenty of toe curling moments this book will certainly make the hairs on your neck stand up. No Ordinary Girl is full of OMG moments and will take you through a rollercoaster of emotions.

I really do hope to read more stories with Detective Johnson. He is a strong, likable and determined character who I couldn't help will along and feel there is plenty more to know about him.

Cheryl Elaine has one very twisted imagination and keeps you on the edge of your seat until the very end. Now I have a book hangover because I can't stop thinking about it….that’s how much this story has got into my head.

This is a must read for those of you that enjoy dark and graphic. I cannot recommend it enough giving it 5 massive stars.

Thank you to Cheryl Elaine for a copy in exchange for a honest review.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts