Hide and Seek by Richard Parker

Hide and Seek by Richard Parker
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

After reading Scare Me and Follow You by Richard Parker I couldn't wait to see what Richard had in store for us readers with his latest novel Hide and Seek. Boy can can this guy write a story. I love the fact that they are always dark and twisty and he doesn't disappoint with this utterly gripping page-turner. Where I found myself gripped from the opening….and what an opening it is!

Imagine witnessing a masked man trying to attempt to kidnap your child. This is every parent's worse nightmare. But this is exactly what happens when Lana takes her eyes off her son Cooper for a split second. Holy smoke what a nail biting start. The author then takes us on a rollercoaster ride where we follow the story of what is yet to happen.With alternating chapters between Todd and Lana. When they win a trip to Blue Crest Adventure Park, their four-year-old Cooper is ecstatic, but when Lana goes to meet them, Todd is out cold, and Cooper is missing.

OMG what an electrifying and the edge of your seat read. This is one fast paced action packed book.

You can feel the obsession and emotion with Lana being a parent myself I could totally relate to her. I think I would be the same if either one of my boys went missing.

I have to say if you expecting some gruesome scenes like in follow me…..(which I was) then think again. This book is oh so different and written in a totally different way.

Hide and Seek is full of tension and suspense and is nicely tied up at the end with a brilliant ending. When I highly recommend giving it 4.5 stars.

Thank you to Bookouture for a copy in exchange for a honest review.




View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts