Life of Crime by Kimberley Chambers #BookReview

Life of Crime by Kimberley Chambers
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Book

Some people are made for a life of crime

Dragged up on a council estate, Jason Rampling was determined to change his lot. Jason’s a chancer, shameless with his good looks and his gift for earning a few quid. Life is easy when the money rolls in.

Some people are ruined by it

Melissa thought she’d struck gold marrying Jason. Being on his arm meant she was finally a someone. But there’s no glamour in waiting for your husband to come home, or waiting for a knock on the door. Melissa made her bed the day she made her vows – will she lie in it without a fight?

Some would kill for it

After a stretch inside Jason wants to pull off just one last job, the biggest of all, it could solve all of their problems. But this is a game that could cost them everything . .

My Thoughts

Most of you know that I am a massive Kimberly Chambers fan, so has always I couldn't wait to get stuck into Life Of Crime. This is Kimberly’s first standalone since 2013 when The Trap was published which is the first book in the Butler series…..which I absolutely loved.

So I bet you are all wondering what I thought then?!... Well I must admit I was nervous because after reading the Butlers and the characters becoming part of my life I really didn't know what to expect. BUT I am happy to report that Kimberly has pulled out all the punches and totally nailed it!

The story starts off with one very intriguing prologue told from Jason’s point of view introducing himself. I was left thinking OMG how different is this. We then follow his story of Life of Crime told from third person perspective.Where we meet some very different characters. Some that you will like and of course some that you wont like. It wouldn't be a Kimberly Chambers book if it didn't have some bad guys in it.

I am not going to bore you with the plot because the blurb says it all….Plus you really need to read this for yourself because it’s freaking amazing….Which ticked all the boxes for me.

It is a story about Relationships, secrets, lies betrayal and plenty of grit. Which I highly recommend giving it 5 massive stars.

Massive thank you to Felicity Denham at Harper Collins for my copy In exchange for an unbiased review

Amazon


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts