Cargo by J.C. Macek III

[Cargo]: an edge of your seat thriller by J.C. Macek III
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

After a slow start this year with my reading it got to the stage where nothing  wasn't grabbing me until I read Cargo. Who I have Sarah Hardy at By The Letters Book Reviews to thank for the recommendation. Cargo has certainly restored my faith in crime thrillers that’s for sure.

In this story we meet Anthony Peterson who finds himself locked in a metal shipping container, with only a cell phone and twenty-four hours of air left! Has the plot thickens he soon learns that the kidnappers have his wife hostage and want ten million dollars. Threatening to murder and rape her if he doesn’t comply. Sounds good doesn't it?!

I found myself hooked from start to end, this is definitely one of those books that you won't be able to put down.The whole time I read this I kept thinking this would make a brilliant film….to find out is actually is! You can find out more about that in the acknowledgements.

I always say the more gruesome the better and the is certainly that Cargo is full of OMFG moments which totally made me cringe In fact I found myself having to look away….and this is a book we are talking about lol. So be warned this isn't a book for the faint hearted.

With the plot being based around the main character....Peterson. You can not help but feel sorry for him. I know I wouldn't like to wake up in a shipping container. With the reader asking themselves who? what? and why?  Has the story unfolds all the questions have answers and everything is nicely woven together, with an OMG ending which I was expecting.

If you are looking for a fast paced read that will keep you on the edge of your seat, this is the book for you. Which I cannot recommend enough, giving it 5 massive stars.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts