Happy Publication Day review #JackSteele


Today I am super excited to share my 5 star reviews for Jack Steele's Detective Joe Stone series. 

To celebrate Long Shot now being in paperback (and because it's Christmas) The first book in the series 'Loose Cannon' is free to download over Christmas.


Loose Cannon by Jack Steele

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Holly hell I can not believe Loose Cannon is a debut novel, having read some cracking reviews. This book went to the top of my pile and I sure as hell wasn't disappointed. I absolutely loved it. Having been at work all day and finishing early I couldn't wait to get in the garden and read it. Where I found myself totally hooked this is a page tuner and a half.

Chapter one starts off very gritty where we meet Marcia who is woken from a deep sleep deciding whether her front door has been forced over or if the noise was a dream. I knew from the first page I was going to like this book with a griping start, which had me on the edge of my seat. Then we meet Detective Joe Stone who girlfriend disappeared and he is still trying to find her. There is a psychopath serial killer on the lose. Can Joe find the killer before a civil war breaks out with two rival Mafia family's?!

The story is told from Joe's point of view which I loved and also the use of short chapters. With each chapter leaving you wanting more. Jack Steele is an excellent writer with descriptions of London that made me feel like I was there in the story. Jack has clearly done his research and is show throughout this story.

I have to say, WOW what an ending.....the words "What that is never the end" left my mouth at the end. Jack has left us on a cliffhanger. I seriously can not wait to read the next Joe Stone book to find out what is in store for him next and get to know him more. I am sure there is plenty more character development with him I found him likable and very intriguing with the whole girlfriend going missing story line.

Loose Cannon is a must read for anyone that enjoys gangland with this face-paced gripping read which will take you on one hell of a journey. Which I highly recommend giving it 5 massive stars.

Grab your copy from amazon right now for Free!!!

 LONG SHOT (A Detective Joe Stone Novel Book 2)LONG SHOT by Jack Steele
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Having read Loose Cannon Jack Steele's debut novel and loving it. I couldn't wait to catch up with Detective Joe Stone. And I literally did just that when I found out I was a character.....OMG...how awesome is that you could say I was bouncing off the walls it's not everyday I get to read a book and see my name it. I am over the moon to say the least. Anyway enough of me… What did I think of the book is what you are all thinking?!

With a sensitive subject matter which is fitting in today's recent events. Jack tells us a story about a terrorist attack which Detective Joe Stone and his team investigate.

Long shot starts off with a bang and I was gripped from start to finish the story. The start picks up two weeks after Loose Cannon which was left on a cliffhanger, so I recommend you read the first one in the series first. Jack has pulled out all the punches and created a hard hitting action packed page turner they will have you hooked.

I loved the short chapters each one leaving you wanting more. And in this story we have plenty of character development where we get to know the characters more. With Characters that are likable and easy to relate to.

This series is a must read which I highly recommend giving it 5 stars .

Amazon uk



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts