Dark Skies by L.J. Ross

Dark Skies by L.J. Ross
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

LJ Ross brings us yet again another top quality whodunit Ryan Mystery story with Dark Skies which is the seventh book in the series. I have to say what a stunning cover, which has buy me written all over it. I do love all the cover’s in this series but I particularly like this one and it is very fitting to the story.

With an OMG Prologue that leaves you wanting more we catch up with Ryan who is back off his honeymoon and finds himself on a case after a body has been found in the reservoir from thirty years ago.

One of the things I love about this series is how LJ Ross always takes a beautiful location and throws a crime scene in it sending shivers down my spine. Transporting us to Kielder forest and waterside the author’s writing is absolutely stunning and atmosophopic making you feel right there in the story. Visiting Kielder is certainly on my bucket list after reading this.

Now that we are further into the series we have snippets from previous stories so those of you that have followed Ryan will know the characters that are mentioned. Even though it can be read has a standalone it is to good a series not to miss. LJ Ross has created some brilliant characters and I really feel like I know them personally now. Can’t say I am jealous of Anna much NOT! Only because I have a crush on Ryan myself haha. But they do make a lovely couple.

I cannot begin to tell how well crafted this story is, not only is it a crime story that is full of mystery and suspense, but I love the hint of romance that is woven in. There is nothing not to like about this book and series it is absolutely brilliant!

Like I have said before LJ Ross is without a doubt the modern day Agatha Christie. Did I mention... I cannot wait to find out what is in store next with THAT ending!!

I cannot recommend this enough giving it 5 well deserved stars.







View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts