The Quiet Ones by Betsy Reavley

The Quiet OnesThe Quiet Ones by Betsy Reavley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

After reading the Opticians Wife and loving it I couldn't wait to get stuck into this after hearing such good things about it. Betsy doesn't fail to disappoint either, this book is EPIC if I do say so myself. I absolutely loved it.

The story starts off with one gripping introduction.That was it for me I was well and truly hooked taking me into a place I have never been before.The author certainly knows how to pull you in from the start thats for sure.

Imagine if you didn’t know where you came from? Or who you are? This is the question Josie asks herself when a mysterious letter arrives. Then a brutal murder turns her world upside down.
To make sense of the present, Josie must go back to the start.But who can she trust when no one knows the truth? And who is the sinister stranger obsessed with her life?
The past is catching up with Josie and the consequences will be fatal …

Josie is one of those characters you feel sorry for she definitely wasn't in the right queue when they was giving out good luck.Things just go for bad to worse with her. But her bad luck is what makes this story. How awful do I sound?! But I always say the darker the better for me and this book isn't for the faint hearted. The Quiet Ones is so twisted and warped I thought I was going to have an aneurysm!!! It is full of twists and turns that will keep you guessing from start to finish giving me and OMG moment where I shouted WHAT……( I seriously wasn't expecting that)

Oh did I mention this book should come with a warning label saying do not read while cooking the tea.....I was that transfix reading it that I burnt my tea LOL. Honestly from the moment I started It I couldn't put it down….talk about a page turner.

The Quiet Ones without a doubt is a must read for all you psychological thriller fans. And will take you on a roller coaster ride of your life. Seriously I haven't read anything like this in my life and cannot recommend it enough, giving it 5 massive stars.





View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts