Deceit by Kerry Barnes #GuestReview

Today my new guest reviewer Deryl Easton shares her thoughts on Deceit by Kerry Barnes





The Book

Someone’s watching you…
Living in a beautiful home on the edge of a council estate, Kara Bannon can’t imagine what it’s like to have nothing.

An eerie phone call plays on her mind and within three days she loses everything – her job, her home and Justin, the only person she thought she could trust.

Alone and terrified, she makes a decision that will change her life forever.

Suddenly she has to enter a new world – Prison.

Revenge is not always so sweet…

Deryl's Thoughts

I always get excited when a Kerry Barnes novel drops into my kindle and was equally thrilled to hear Kerry's 6th novel (DECEIT) which is standalone; and a full-tilt mix of Robin Cook, Tess Gerritsen, and Martina Cole.
That is why the book went into the Mashup section of Amazon and went straight to the number 1 spot!
We are introduced to the quiet sublime everyday life of Kara Bannon but after a shocking revelation her world turns upside down and finds herself in a world so far removed from her perfect life. Foolish acts and rash decisions land her in a world she had never even contemplated ..... Prison!

After what I thought was a slow start compared to Kerry's other books, I found myself immersed in red herrings, unexpected twists, and an ending so tangible, so unexpected that I had to put the kindle down for a moment to take in what I just read, I really did not expect 'THAT' ending!
Though I did find the book a little repetitive in places 'THAT' ending blew me away and Kerry brought everything into context, rounded up everything nicely, it left me reeling that I think that though this book is a standalone a follow up is possibly needed!
The story is deliciously clever, Kerry's medical knowledge shines through on the pages of this story, therefore, making this a super twisty, intelligent read.


I very much look forward to reading more stories of the newly crowned Governor of Gangland!

Comments

Popular Posts