Over My Shoulder by Patrica Dixon #BlogBlitz #Extract

I am delighted to share an exclusive extract for Over My Shoulder by Patricia Dixon with you today on Blog Blitz


The Book
    
Girl  meets  boy.  They  fall  in  love.  Sounds  simple?  It  isn’t.    

When  Freya  falls  for  the  manipulative  Kane,  her  life  changes  beyond  her  wildest  imagination.  When  the  luxurious  life  she  craves  gradually  becomes  intolerable  she  realises  escape  is  out  of  reach.  Her  life  has  changed  and  so  has  she.  

She  knows  that  when  she  least  expects  it,  he  will  return  and  make  good  his  promise  to  exact  revenge  and  ensure  she  pays  the  price  he  fell  he  is  owed.  

Can  Freya  ever  be  free?  

Whoever  knew  love  could  be  so  dangerous.    

Following  Freya  from  her  carefree  twenties  up  to  the  present  day,  Over  My  Shoulder  is  an  intricate  tale  of  blinkered  love  and  obsession.


Over My Shoulder extract

Before I begin to tell you what happened and how I find myself in this situation, I’d like to warn you that most of it isn’t pleasant, but all of it is true. By the end, you will probably think I am one of the most stupid people you have ever read about, or irritated that someone of moderate intelligence could allow it to happen. Perhaps you will pity me or hope for a happy ending to this tale, catching a glimpse of light at the end of what will be a very dark tunnel.
I’ve had plenty of time, trapped inside this room, to think things through and evaluate my predicament. After dissecting the past I see things much more clearly. Part of me never wanted to share such private memories and to admit the truth is somewhat humiliating. Mine is not the most uplifting of stories yet keeping it to myself would be wasteful. Maybe I can exorcise a ghost and perhaps save just one of you from making the same mistake. I wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemies, apart from one, so listen carefully and pay attention while I take you through a series of events. I somehow missed all the flashing signs and barely hidden clues - or was it that I just closed my eyes and ignored them because I was a foolish woman who fell in love with the wrong man? I’ll let you decide.


Author Bio:

 Patricia Dixon was born in Manchester where she still lives with her husband. They have two grown up children and one grandson, plus the company of a lazy bulldog. 

Ignoring her high school reports and possibly sound advice from teachers, Patricia shunned the world of academia and instead, stubbornly pursued a career in fashion. Once the sparkle of London life wore off she returned north and embarked on a new adventure, that of motherhood. 

Now, almost thirty years later she has acquiesced to the wise words of her elders and turned her hand to writing. Patricia has written five novels set in the Loire and then, in complete contrast, a much darker story of psychological suspense.

She is currently writing her next book, a murderous tale set in the sixties and if she’s not at her desk Patricia loves to read historical fiction or attempts recipes that look great on television but not necessarily her plate. And when the penny jar is full she cashes in her coins and heads to France, the lure of red wine and escapism equalled only by the pursuance of her dream job, writing for a living.




Author Page

Twitter 


Facebook Author Page

Profile Page






Comments

Popular Posts