Q&A Interview with Ross Greenwood

I am delighted to welcome Ross Greenwood to join me for a Q&A interview. Ross is author of Lazy Blood and The Boy Inside which are out now at amazon. And  Fifty Years of Fear which is out on the 1st October.

Good morning welcome to Chelle’s Book Reviews. Can you tell us a little about yourself and background?
Hi, my name is Ross Greenwood. I’m currently a house husband / writer! I’ve had tonnes of different jobs, from McDonalds to Financial Adviser. Most recently I spent 4 years as a prison officer.


When did you know that you wanted to become a writer? and how did you go about it?
I always thought it brilliant someone could spend so long crafting a book, but didn’t really have an idea. Then, a seed began to grow over many years, and I had an idea. Four years in the prison meant I was suddenly awash with plots!


Can you tell us what genre your books are and the audience you write for?
Literary Fiction with a crime theme. My books so far have been about real-life characters who’ve ended up entangled in crime and how it affects their lives. They are insightful, shocking and thought provoking. There is also some humour, too.


What is your writing process? and how long does it take?
It takes about six months. I have tried plotting and structure and flying by the seat of my pants. The former works better for me!


Are your characters based on anyone you know or are they just fictional?
They are a mish-mash of people I met over the years. I travelled for a long time, so they feature, and obviously the prison was full of some absolute madness.


Have you written about a personal experience in your novels?
Some of the travelling stories have sneaked in, but mostly it’s a combination of my own experience and other’s I have heard too, combined, to make them more dramatic!


What research do you do?
I use google a lot. I did shoot an AK47 in Vietnam once, cost me $30, but you still need to look up things like recoil, etc.
I’d like a holiday to America so I can set a book there.


Who would you like to co-write with and why?
Tolkien. Or the George Martin of Game of Thrones fame. You would need a certain kind of brain to hold that kind of complex plot together, or maybe it’s a secret I’m not party to.


What's your favorite book?
I have many I’ve enjoyed, but few I read more than once. I love to be surprised by a book, and that’s not going to happen if I’ve already read it. I am Pilgrim was good last year.


What's your favorite food?
Thai food. It’s not the same here as there. Well not in Peterborough, anyway.


What's your favorite film?
Aliens


What's your favorite song?
Bell Bottomed Tear by beautiful south. It reminds me I was young and silly once. (Older and mad now)


How can readers find out more information about yourself and your books?
Lazy Blood and The Boy Inside are out now at amazon. Fifty Years of Fear is out on the 1st October.
I’m on facebook, twitter and the web. Just type my name into google and avoid the also bald Australian journalist, who is more famous than me. You’ll find me on page 2


Thank you so much for taking part Ross



Comments

Popular Posts