The Hangman's Hitch by Donna Maria McCarthy

The Hangman's HitchThe Hangman's Hitch by Donna Maria McCarthy
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Having received such amazing support with my blog through twitter and Facebook by the author. I was very intrigued to know who this author was and what she wrote, so off to amazon I went. I am a massive fan or horror/supernatural stories. So can you imagine my surprise to find that this novel comes under the horror genre....Happy days. I was like a kid in a candy shop lol

And I sure has hell wasn't disappointed Donna Maria McCarthy is one dark horse that's for sure. With the shortest blurb I have ever read The Hangman's Hitch… The inn at the end of your world. Where satanic practice is the order and your soul required to pay for your stay … that really doesn't give a lot away I really didn't know what to expect. But I absolutely freaking loved it. And I still cannot believe this is a debut novel.

So in this story we meet two characters Fredrick and Joseph. Fredrick being the weaker character of them where we follow them on a journey of this rather strange friendship.

Now this is what I call Gothic horror with a story full of mystery. The authors writing skills are very well crafted keeping you gripped from the very first page until the end. And I loved how it was written with old dialogue which I found very fitting with the story set in the historical 18th century.

This story not only is fall of mystery and suspense there is some added humor in there to. So if you are looking for something that little bit different and original I highly recommend this giving it 5 unique stars.





View all my reviews

Comments

  1. Sounds brilliant! I love a little humour in a book, whatever genre it is. Humour is life, it makes the characters human.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts