OUR LITTLE LIES by Sue Watson #BlogBlitz

I am delighted to share my review for OUR LITTLE LIES by Sue Watson on Blog Blitz today



The Book

Marianne has a life others dream of. A beautiful townhouse on the best street in the neighbourhood. Three bright children who are her pride and joy.

Sometimes her past still hurts: losing her mother, growing up in foster care. But her husband Simon is always there. A successful surgeon, he’s the envy of every woman they’ve ever met. Flowers, gifts, trips to France – nothing is too good for his family.

Then Simon says another woman’s name. The way he lingers on it, Caroline, gives Marianne a shudder of suspicion, but she knows she can’t entertain this flash of paranoia.

In the old days, she’d have distracted herself at work, but Marianne left her glamorous career behind when she got married. She’d speak to a friend, but she’s too busy with her children and besides, Simon doesn’t approve of the few she has left.

It’s almost by accident that Marianne begins to learn more about Caroline. But once she starts, she can’t stop. Because what she finds makes her wonder whether the question she should be asking is not ‘should she be jealous’, but... ‘should she be scared’?

Fans of The Girl on the Train and I Let You Go looking for a dark, gripping psychological thriller, with a final twist that will put their jaw on the floor, will love Our Little Lies.

My Thoughts

Don't you just love it when an author you love swaps genre?! well I certainly do. Sue Watson is better know for her romantic comedy's which I love. Sue books are always full of life and laughter so to more over to a physiological thriller I knew not to expect that. So what did I think is what you are all thinking?! For another that has read any of Sue's book you will be able to tell she has wrote with little words and things that have her stamp on them. 

But that prologue OMG what a start... I am a big fan of prologues and this one is short and snappy and leaves you wanting to know more. Then we move on to the story told from first person we meet Marianne a character that I wasn't a a fan of she actually got on my nerves and I wanted to shake the life out of her! But this book is not at all what it seems....far from it in fact. 

For me I found it a slow burner and the repetitive use of the word I put me off with it being my pet hate with books wrote in first person. But I kept with it because I knew the OMG prologue was going to answer my questions and tie in somewhere with the story and when it did it knocked me off my feet.

The story steps up a gear and gets a whole lot better when I say it gets a whole lot better What can I say but crikey I wasn't expecting that this book is definitely a page turner which had me on the edge of my seat. Now I am left thinking how very clever the plot is and Sue moving over to the dark side was a good move. 

This is a story about lies and manipulation with a killer twist! which I highly recommend. 






Sue Watson was a journalist then TV Producer at the BBC until she wrote her first book and was hooked.

She's now written thirteen novels - many involving cake - and her books have been translated into Italian, German and Portuguese. Originally from Manchester, Sue now lives with her husband and teenage daughter in Worcestershire where much of her day is spent procrastinating while eating cake (for research purposes), and watching 'My 600lb Life,' on the sofa.

Sue explored the darker side of life for her latest book 'Our Little Lies,' a dark, psychological thriller completely devoid of cake. She's hoping this change in direction will be reflected on the weighing scales.

For more info visit Sue's website; http://www.suewatsonbooks.com/

Sue would love to meet you on FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/suewatsonbooks

Follow Sue on Twitter @suewatsonwriter


Comments

Popular Posts