The Rave by Nicky Black

My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars


The Book

It’s 1989, the second Summer of Love, and Tommy Collins is doing what he does best: organising all-night raves on a shoestring and playing a game of cat and mouse with the police. But Detective Chief Inspector Peach is closing in on him, and his dreams of a better life are beginning to slip through his fingers.

DCI Peach finds it all a nuisance, a waste of his force's time, until he finds his teenage daughter unconscious at one of Tommy's raves. Then the chase becomes personal, and his need to make Tommy pay becomes an obsession.

The Rave is a fast-paced, gritty portrayal of life on the edges of society at the end of a decade that changed Britain forever.

My Thoughts

Oh My Days can I just say that I think this book is bloody brilliant I couldn't put it down.The Rave is the authors second book in the Valley Park series which I couldn't wait to get stuck into after seeing the cover and title which has buy me written all over it. 

Being a party girl myself and loving the 80’s decade I would of loved to have gone to a Rave having heard they were quite something back in the day. Nicky Black has painted a picture that will give you just this and more.

I was hooked from the start with an OMG prologue, It is short and sweet but oh so gritty, which tells me straight away that I was going to enjoy The Rave. Then I found myself transported back a week where we meet quite a few shady characters set in the summer of 89 we follow the story of DCI Peach who is on the chase for The Rave organiser Tommy Collins. Things take an unexpected turn when Peach’s daughter is found unconscious at one of Tommy’s raves.Building the story up to where it started off….very clever work Nicky.

Not only did I love the story but I have to say that I found that the Character's names rather unique and this gave it that something different about it. Along with the different personalities they really did come to life. I really liked the character Tucker which I won’t say to much about because I don't want to spoil the story for you.

I love Nicky’s style of writing it is a fast paced, gritty, easy read. There are some heart wrenching parts as well as witty humour Nicky Black sure knows how to grab your emotions has a reader

This can be read has a standalone which I highly recommend giving it 4.5 stars


Amazon






View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts