Lost Connections by Jim Ody #BlogBlitz

I am delighted to share my 4 star review for Lost Connections by Jim Ody on Blog Blitz today

The Book
What would you do if the most important person to you had been kidnapped?
One minute your daughter is there, and the next she has been bundled into a van right under your nose. They want something of your father’s. You don’t know what that is, and your father mysteriously disappeared over 7 years ago. Going to the police is not an option. And the answers will slowly appear in the most unlikely of places.
As single-parent Eddie’s world falls apart, an unlikely alliance forms between friends and neighbours who put their differences aside, to help get his daughter Daisy back. As the mystery unfolds a huge secret is uncovered that not only will affect Eddie and his family, but the whole of mankind.
Only the truth will set his daughter free…



My Thoughts


I couldn't wait to get my hands on a copy of Lost Connections, having followed Jim's Journey updates over on Crime Book Club on Facebook. And I have to say I was thrilled Jim got his book published.


First of all I love the cover and title which I think is very eerie and totally relates to the story.


The prologue grabs you straight away with single parent Eddie's daughter being being bundled into a van and kidnapped. So I was gripped from the start and read this in one sitting just wanting to know more. The kidnappers want something of Eddie's father’s. But his father mysteriously disappeared over 7 years ago, and Eddie has no idea what it is. Friends and neighbours who put their differences aside and help Eddie get his daughter Daisy back. The story flicks from the past to the present written from several characters points of view unfolding a huge secret.


This is a well written debut novel with realistic characters that I could relate to. I found it very original it's not often you read about a single parent father that is a tattooist. And omg Jim has left us on a cliffhanger. I have my fingers crossed there is going to be sequal.


Overall I thoroughly enjoyed this thrilling page turner and I am giving it 4 stars.

View all my reviews
Buy Links:





Author Bio

Jim was first published in an English School Textbook in 1987. He won a competition to
draw a dog-walking machine. Having won an art competition the year before, he felt that at
the age of eleven he had peaked and consequently retired from art.
For 10 years Jim wrote for a number of websites reviewing and interviewing bands in his
own unique way, as well as contributing dark poems and comedic features.
Jim likes to write psychological/thrillers that have endings that you won’t see coming. He
also favours stories packed with wit.


He has a very strange sense of humour and is often considered a little odd. When not writing
he will be found playing the drums, watching football and eating chocolate. He lives with his
long-suffering wife and three beautiful children in Swindon, Wiltshire.


Social Media Links



Comments

Popular Posts