Dead To Me by Stephen Edger

Dead To Me by Stephen Edger
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Every now and then, when the moment is right I do love to listen to an audio book. Dead to Me was perfect for a four and a half hour flight. For me it's not just about the story it's about how the narrator tells it. When reading a book you picture the characters and their voices in your head but I have to say a massive shout out to Emma Newman who has done a brilliant job of narrating this and really brought this story to life with the different characters voices/accents and descriptions. Absolutely amazing stuff and I will definitely be listening to more audio by Emma.

So the story itself. I have to say that is this the first book that I have read by Stephen Edger and certainly won't be my last….seriously I could kick myself for not reading any of his books before. Dead to Me is without a doubt an OMG book! I freaking loved it. So my plan to listen to half of it going on holiday and the second half on the way back totally went out the window. It stayed with me until the very end of the story. I was well and truly hooked. It’s a good job I had a power bank with me lol

In this story we meet Detective Kate Matthews she is called to the scene when a body is found hanging in the remains of a dock-side warehouse it's not long until she realises someone is watching her every move. With more bodies surfacing.her instincts tell her that there is a link hidden among the victims' missing pieces. This is a killer with a message and Kate must race against the clock to solve his twisted riddle.....OMG what a story!

I cannot wait to find out more about Kate. some readers won’t agree to decisions she makes but at the end of the day we all have to do things that are right for us at the time. But I loved her, In Fact I am really excited that I have found a new Detective series and a new author.


This will have you hooked from start till finish and guessing until the very end. It is fast paced and full of twists and turns.Not forgetting it is dark and gruesome. It certainly ticked all the boxes for me which I highly recommend giving it 5 massive stars.

Grab your copy from Amazon




View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts