Q&A Interview with Helen H. Durrant

Today I am delighted to welcome Helen H. Durrant to take part in my Q&A Interview. Helen is author of The Calladine & Bayliss series, and Dead Jealous is the latest one that is out in the series.Which is available from amazon right now.


Good morning welcome to Chelle’s Book Reviews.Can you tell us a little about yourself and background?
I’m the product of an English and father and a Scottish mother – the war has a lot to answer for! I live in the north of England – in a small village which is part of Greater Manchester. I live surrounded by hills – the Pennines. A beautiful part of the world. I am mum to two grown up daughters and have five grandkids.

When did you know that you wanted to become a writer? and how did you go about it?
I decided I’d write books when I was ten! I was sat at the kitchen table at home and had just been given a stack of Enid Blyton books for my birthday. However, up until I retired, I simply didn’t have the time. My ‘proper’ job was all consuming, and left little time for anything else. But … I was always thinking about plots, names and settings for books I might write one day.

Can you tell us what genre your books are and the audience you write for?
I write crime thrillers. The audience – anyone who cares to read them. They are not pitched at a particular age or sex but perhaps are not suitable for young kids!

What is your writing process? and how long does it take?
I write every day. I write mostly in the mornings and again in the evening. I never get bored. Ideas are constantly bubbling around in my brain. Currently I have two series on the go. The Calladine & Bayliss series and the Greco one. Each book takes roughly three months to complete. As I am reaching the end of one – the next is already taking shape in my head.

Are your characters based on anyone you know or are they just fictional?
The characters are fictional. A number of the names in my books belong to family and friends – both first names and surnames.

Have you wrote about a personal experience in your novels?
Occasionally, but it will only be a little thing.

What research do you do?
The research depends on the topics in the book. I research locations by visiting them. I research the forensic stuff by talking to a friend of mine who has experience. Plus there is always Google – there is a wealth of info out there, plus any number of forums.

Who would you like to co-write with and why?
I couldn’t co-write with anyone. I’m not the argumentative type but I can already see the problems!

What's your favorite book?
Alice in Wonderland – it coloured my entire life!

What's your favorite food?
Good quality chocolate ice-cream

What's your favorite film?
I’ve got three – all very much of a type: Saturday night & Sunday morning. Spring & port wine, and A kind of loving.

What's your favorite song?
‘In thoughts of you’ by Billy Fury

How can readers find out more information about yourself and your books?
I have a website  www.helenhdurrant.co.uk

Thank you so much for joining me today Helen



Comments

Popular Posts