Cragside (DCI Ryan Mysteries #6) by L.J.Ross #BookReview

Cragside by L.J. Ross
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Cragside is the sixth book in the DCI Ryan Mysteries and what a series this has turned out to be. Even though I absolutely loved the first book Holy Island, each one just gets better and better. L.J. Ross always brings us something new. This is definitely an Agatha Christie eat your heart out story. And has always I loved it. When I finally got chance to read this I devoured it in one sitting.Yes I am a little late to the party and wish that I would of had chance to read it sooner because it is that good!

With a gripping prologue set in the summer of 1975 the author transports us forty one years to 2016. Set in Cragside we catch up with DCI Ryan who is spending time with his fiancee at spectacular Bavarian-style mansion surrounded by acres of woodland. Sounds nice doesn't it?

But imagine going to a murder mystery and finding an elderly man actually dead. This is what happens when they attend a Victorian murder mystery evening they have been invited to. Then a second body is found Ryan must work out who the killer is before they strike again! OMG I love it

I have always wanted to go on a Murder Mystery and after reading this it is high up on my list of things to do and places to go. Which includes visiting the manor where this story is based.

L.J. Ross writing is exquisite with stunning descriptions that are totally captivating which made me feel right there in the story.

I love that this is a tradition murder mystery. With a who did it story-line we also have the added romance what more could you ask for?! other than this series to be on television.

I highly recommend Cragside in fact I recommend everyone of the books in this series giving it 5 massive stars.

Thank you to L.J. Ross for a copy in exchange for a voluntary honest review.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts