Q&A Interview with Pam Howes

Today I am delighted to welcome Pam Howes to join me for a Q&A interview. Pam is author of The Forgotten Family of Liverpool and also the Rock 'n' Roll series. Which I highly recommend,check out the links below.


Good morning welcome to Chelle’s Book Reviews. Can you tell us a little about yourself and background?
I was born in Stockport a few years after WW2 and I’m a mum of three adult daughters, grandma to seven assorted grandchildren, a roadie to my musician partner and very much still a Sixties Chick at heart.

When did you know that you wanted to become a writer? and how did you go about it?
It wasn’t something I planned to do. I’ve always been an avid reader though and a creative person. I ran an interior design business for several years. In my late forties I started to jot down ideas for music based magazine articles and those ideas just grew and eventually I had begun to write the first novel in my Rock’n’Roll series.


Can you tell us what genre your books are and the audience you write for?
My latest works are family sagas for a mature readership. My Indie work is aimed at anyone with a bit of Rock’n’Roll in their soul, no matter their age. I’d really love a bash at writing a crime thriller one day though, time permitting.


What is your writing process? and how long does it take?
Oh gosh, how long’s a piece of string? I don’t really have a process. An idea can pop into my head and I have to just make a note of it and that usually leads to a notebook full of jottings and then a brief synopsis, which in turn leads to another novel. At the moment I’m writing three books a year but I know I can’t keep that pace up indefinitely and still produce quality work. My aim is to get this down to two a year max if my publisher agrees.



Are your characters based on anyone you know or are they just fictional?
Lol. In the latest work they are all fictional. But in my original Indie publications they are all based on people I’ve known in the past.


Have you wrote about a personal experience in your novels?
Yes I have. My novel Fast Movin’ Train is based on my own life and experiences.


What research do you do?
For my latest work I visit Liverpool as often as I can. The city has a fabulous history, both in music and life, and down at the Albert Docks is the Museum of Liverpool Life which is a great place to research.


Who would you like to co-write with and why?
I’d love to work on a music based auto biography for any of the sixties stars that are still around and would like to tell their tale. It would be more of a ghost writing experience I guess, rather than an actual co-written work.


What's your favorite book?
Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier


What's your favorite food?
Fresh Salmon baked in the oven and green salad


What's your favorite film?
Stan Barstow’s “A Kind of Loving”.


What's your favorite song?
Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow by The Shirelles.


How can readers find out more information about yourself and your books?


Thank you so much for taking part Pam





Comments

Popular Posts