Q&A Interview with Adam Croft

Today I am delighted to welcome Adam Croft to take part in my Q&A interview Adam is author of KEMPSTON HARDWICK MYSTERIES and many more books. Which can be found on his website. Links  can be found  below

 
Can you tell us a little about yourself and background?
I've been writing professionally for nearly seven years. I think I've had around twenty books released now, and sold over a million copies.


When did you know that you wanted to become a writer? and how did you go about it?
I think I've always wanted to be a writer, but for a long time it was just a pipe dream. After I wrote my first book and was deciding what to do with it, I discovered publishing for Kindle through Amazon and have never looked back.


Can you tell us what genre your books are and the audience you write for?
I write crime fiction and psychological thrillers, mostly. Rather than thinking of a particular audience I prefer to write true to the series and its style, but my readers tend to be women between 35 and 70.


What is your writing process? and how long does it take?


I plan heavily, starting with a small nugget of an idea and fleshing it out from there. Once I've got a sentence that encompasses each chapter, I sit down and write them. It usually takes me less than a month.


Are your characters based on anyone you know or are they just fictional?
Usually not, no. I've not met many people who are interesting enough to be characters in books!


Have you wrote about a personal experience in your novels?
I've included snippets of things that have happened to me or people I know. I'll leave you to guess which ones, though...


What research do you do?
It depends on the book. Some of them need a lot of research, and others don't. The most difficult ones are for books such as Rough Justice, where I needed to speak to victims and families of victims of sexual abuse. I've also had to speak to victims of stalking, rape, kidnapping, religious brainwashing and the families of murder victims. It's given me many sleepless nights and has changed the way I think about life.


Who would you like to co-write with and why?
Co-writing isn't something I've ever really thought about, but it would have to be the first person to bring a couple of bottles of wine with them.


What's your favorite book?
I'm asked this a lot. I don't really have one, but I'd probably have to opt for To Kill a Mockingbird — if only to sound intelligent.


What's your favorite food?
Curry. No question.


What's your favorite film?
I have a few, although I don't get much chance to watch films. I loved The Shawshank Redemption, and that'd probably be my favourite. I also like some more obscure films, such as Swimming Pool, which starred Charlotte Rampling and Charles Dance. It's the most bizarre film I've seen in a long time and I wasn't quite sure what to make of it at the time, but it's kept coming back into my mind ever since. My brain's still trying to process and make sense of it, and I guess that's a sign of a good film.


What's your favorite song?
I really don't have one, I'm afraid! My music taste is far too eclectic to pick just one. On any given day I can be listening to anything from Audioslave to Tibetan meditation music. And I mean that literally.


How can readers find out more information about yourself and your books?


The best place to start is probably my website, adamcroft.net or to Google my name :-)
Adam Croft




Comments

Popular Posts