EXQUISITE by Sarah Stovell

The Book
Bo Luxton has it all - a loving family, a beautiful home in the Lake District, and a clutch of bestselling books to her name. Enter Alice Dark, an aspiring writer who is drifting through life, with a series of dead-end jobs and a freeloading boyfriend. When they meet at a writers' retreat, the chemistry is instant, and a sinister relationship develops ... Or does it? Breathlessly pacey, taut and terrifying, Exquisite is a startlingly original and unbalancing psychological thriller that will keep you guessing until the very last page.



My Thoughts
Psychological Thrillers are my favourite genre and I never say NO to reading an ARC of one. But to be honest I really wasn't sure if this was going to live up to the hype that it is getting at the moment. But how wrong was I…..I loved it this is one of those books where I kept saying to myself a couple more pages then before i knew it I had finished it.

This isn't your normal fast paced story that I would read so I guess that might be why I was hesitant about reading but before I knew it I was sucked into this captivating story about Bo Luxton and Alice Dark. Best selling author Bo has it all with a loving family and a beautiful home in the Lake District she meets aspiring writer Alice at a writers retreat. Alice is not so lucky with a series of dead end jobs and a freeloading boyfriend. The author weaves a story following there relationship and how it develops with alternating chapters told from each others point of view.....OMG what a story!!

This is an extremely well crafted, dark and twisted story about obsession that will have you guessing until the end.

All I am going to say is, this is a must read and just hit my pile of best reads for 2017 giving it 5 massive stars.

Thank you to Anne Carter and Karen Sullivan at Orenda Books for a copy in exchange for a honest review.



Comments

Popular Posts