COVER REVEAL FOR THE DETRIMENT BY DAVID VIDECETTE #CoverReveal #TheDetriment
How exciting is it that I have a new cover reveal on my blog today. Crime fighter turned crime writer, David Videcette, cannot wait to share the design for his second thriller, The Detriment with reading fans. David is a former Scotland Yard detective who worked on the London 7/7 bombings investigation and writes thrillers based on true events.
David says: “After twenty years in the police, I’m used to unmasking criminals, but for a change, I’m delighted to be unveiling something else - the front cover of The Detriment.”
“A detective thriller, it follows on from The Theseus Paradox, my first novel, which was set against the backdrop of the 7/7 London attacks.”
“This second outing for Detective Jake Flannagan sees him sailing close to the wind as he struggles to thwart a nightclub bomb plot and a blazing Jeep attack on an airport. I use my police knowledge in my books to ensure my readers enjoy a truly authentic tale. The Detriment is once again based on true events and actual criminal investigations. I’m looking forward to shocking readers with the surprising motive behind the incredible real-life events in the book.”
A COMPELLING DETECTIVE THRILLER BASED ON TRUE EVENTS
Here is the cover guys....awesome isn't it?
- Remember that we all judge a book by its cover, even if we say we don’t! Give the design as much forethought as you would your writing.
- Kickstart the process by throwing together a ‘mood board’ of images and colours which appeal – and even those which don’t!
- Design should always reflect your book’s content, otherwise it’s just decoration.
- Have an outline idea of what you’d like, but remain flexible.
- Engage with the professionals, because you’ll need their design expertise to make your book look as good as it can.
Find out more about David Videcette and his books based on true events here, or chat to David on Facebook or Twitter.