Tragic Deception by M.A Comley and Linda S. Prather

Tragic Deception (Deception #1)Tragic Deception 
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

After reading Clever Deception a novella that introduces us to the deception series. Which if you didn't know I absolutely loved. You can check out my review here. http://chellesbookreviews.blogspot.co...

We move on to Tragic Deception where Sergeant Alexandra Fox moves to America to hunt down the man who Brutally murdered her sister, known to the press by the name of The Escape Artist. Struggling to fit in with NYPD with commander Patterson. And having only two friends in America Alex finds herself suspended. Having seven days to find three kidnapped babies or to find a new job...the investigation leads to the world of Deception.

Like always I will be totally honest and I have to admit that I have actually read this book twice. Due to the fact that I wasn't feeling it first time round with all the things going on in my life. My head just wasn't in the right place for the words to sink in. But I am happy to say that I am glad I did. The Deception series is actually becoming one of my favorite crime series.

OMG what a team Linda and Mel make, they write a series that is so gritty you will not believe it until you read it for yourself. The authors take you into a world where the unthinkable happens writing about babies being kidnapped. This is every parents worse nightmare. They show sensitivity in their writing skills but making it well and truly gritty at the same time.

Keeping me on the edge of my seat I found myself flying through this book,wanting to know what was going to happen. With plenty of twists and turns that kept me guessing until the end.

I am loving Alex she has been through the mill with her sister's murder but she certainly isn't a quitter. I cannot wait to read the next one in the series.

This Is one hell of a fast-paced book and series which I highly recommend giving it 4.5 stars.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts