The Revelation Room by Mark Tilbury

The Revelation Room (The Ben Whittle Investigations, #1)The Revelation Room by Mark Tilbury
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Revelation Room is the first book in the Ben Whittle Investigation series. Being a massive fan of psychological thrillers I couldn't wait to get stuck in.Then this book ended up sitting on my TBR pile for way to long. Well what can I say but wow I am impressed, I actually wished I had read it sooner.

So in the story we meet Ben, who is asked for help by his father Geoff after being kidnapped by a dangerous cult and finding himself close to death. Ben is told not to ring the police because everyone one will die. Ben and his friend Maddie track down one of the cult members. Their only option to rescue George is to join the cult!

But the Sons and Daughters of Salvation are a group of unhinged, brainwashed people living under the spell of evil psychopath, Edward Ebb. When Ben and Maddie are initiated into the group, they pass into a world where only two choices exist: compliance or death. The odds are impossibly stacked against them. The question is, what the gruesome secret locked away in the Revelation Room?

I was gripped from the start to the very last page. I must admit I have a thing about stories with a church theme.This story is dark and warped with some added dark humor absolutely perfect if I do say so myself.

I love the fact that there isnt to many characters and there is plenty of character background. So we get to know the characters well and I am looking forward to reading more in the series. By the way Ed the cult leader is certainly one disturbing character.

If your looking for something dark and twisted this is the book for you, which I highly recommend giving it 4 stars.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts