Ruby's Palace by Kerry Barnes

Ruby's PalaceRuby's Palace by Kerry Barnes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the second novel that I have read by Kerry Barnes after loving the first one RUTHLESS I couldn't wait to get my teeth into this beauty. And I sure has hell wasn't disappointed, In fact Kerry has totally stepped up her game and taken her writing skills to a whole new level. This story is one hell of a page turner which I devoured in one day. I absolutely freaking loved it!

Following on from Ruthless we follow the Vincent's on a roller coaster journey in London who have nightclubs popping up all over London. We introduced to a gypsy family known has the the O'Connells who plan to get there hands on the palaces. Their hunger for revenge is driven by jealousy and greed. Disregarding the warnings and the rumours of the disappearance of the entire McManners family, the O'Connells plot a scam so cruel even their own kind shuns them. Ruby Vincent is now fifteen, and she may look like her aunt Francesca, but she still has Jesse Right's blood running through her veins. Turning her back on the family, she goes in search of the truth. What she finds will haunt her... She should have left the boogie man to rot in hell.

OMG what a story this is so well crafted my stomach was in knots. Its gritty, gripping, faced paced and gave me plenty of OMG moments where I was on tenterhooks. I loved the whole Gypsy story line. The author certainly did her research,the detail to their background really shines through has the author takes you into another world.

Ruby's mom Jesse made my blood boil...what an evil character. The whole time making me feel sorry for Ruby. The characters are so well written they really got in my head and played with my emotions.

Although this is the second book in the series it can easily be read has a standalone. But it is too good a series not to be missed. I cannot wait to read the third to now. Kerry Barnes is certainly going places. And Ruby's Palace has hit my best reads for 2017 that's how much I loved it.

This is a must read for Kimberly chambers and Dreda Mitchell fans. Which I highly recommend giving it 5 massive stars.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts