In Bitter Chill by Sarah Ward

In Bitter ChillIn Bitter Chill by Sarah Ward
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow what a fantastic debut novel, I brought this book purely because i was drawn to the cover and the title. I read this in one sitting has soon as i got back, i just couldn't put it down. This is a chilling, well written, gripping page turner and is now on my list of favorite reads for 2015.

Sarah Ward's style of writing draws you in straight from the start. The story is about about a kidnap which takes place in 1978 and a suicide that takes place in the present day. So the book flicks back and forth between the decades. Telling the story of both events, which made me want to know more. With lots of family secrets from the past that unravel the story in the present. There is a mixture of love, loss and family drama mixed in with crime in this story. And the main question being who did it?!

The characters are very well described and i loved the detail of how different things were in 1978 with the police investigation and little things like the green shield stamps.....as if i remember them lol.

DI Connie Shields and DI Frank Sadler are the police investigators in this story.I loved the relationship between the two of them and feel they gel well together.

I cannot wait for Sarah's second novel this is a massive well deserved 5 stars from me. I highly recommend it.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts